If beer could choose a month to have, it’d probably say it already owns October. Okay, so what if THE Great American Beer Festival does actually start tomorrow, Sept. 29, it actually ends on Oct. 1. If a lady goes into labor today and the child is conceived three days later, its birthday is not today. So October is beer month, and newly dubbed, Beertober. I’m sure I will leave something off this list that someone feels is important enough to include. So please let me know what it is.
- Oct. 1 – HOToberFest – Glenwood Park Community, Atlanta. Tickets are still available, $30 advance, $40 at gate, VIP $75. They have an app and judging is done by you, the consumer. HOToberFest.net
- Oct. 7 – Clips of Faith – Clips of Faith film and beer tour presented by New Belgium Brewing. Starts at 7p.m. on Hot Corner downtown. For those not in the know, this is the corner of Washington & Hull, yep, the corner of Trappeze Pub. A fundraiser for BikeAthens. Lineup announced soon.
- Oct. 8 – Atlanta Beer Week – Is the start of Atlanta Beer Week and there is a full list of events in that link. They are scattered all around the metro, so don’t feel left out.
- Oct. 8 – Brick Store Pub Hop Harvest – Kicking off ATL beer week by saluting one of the four ingredients of beer, the hop, with a full lineup of IPA on tap. Brick Store Pub will also have events throughout the week to help celebrate ATL beer week.
- Oct. 8 – Great Atlanta Beer Fest – The beginning beer fest for ATL beer week will be held at Turner Field. So at least we know it’s a good venue. Tickets are $35 in advance with $0 in service charges if bought at the ticket counter. $45 at the gate and $10 parking in orange and gold lots. Great Atlanta Beer Fest
- Oct. 8 – Brewmasters Reception – Held in the Rialto Room at Hotel Indigo in downtown Athens. 7 – 10pm. Meet and greet with seven brewers from the Southeast. Note this is for VIP ticket holders and volunteers only to the Athens Beer Fest.
- Oct. 9 – First Athens Craft Beer Festival – Put on by Hotel Indigo and Trappeze Pub, this event looks to highlight only craft beer in a way like no other. There will be no macro beer at this event, over 100+ highly crafted beers. 1-5p.m. at Hotel Indigo. VIP access from 12-1p.m. gets you an hour early access, plus rare casks and VIP amenities. $45 for beer fest only, $65 for VIP access, tickets still available online, or at Trappeze Pub. See their Facebook event page for more info.
- Oct. 9 – Athens Craft Beer Fest After Party – 5p.m.-12a.m. at Trappeze Pub. Exclusive deals will be available for festival goers throughout the night. Trust me when I say this, you’ll want to be here. We had a blast hanging out here after the Classic City Brewfest. I see Trappeze realized offering specials will only entice us more.
- Oct. 9 – Duck Rabbit at Brick Store Pub – Enjoy a meet and greet with Phil Phillipon at Brick Store Pub if you don’t get a chance to chat with him at Athens Craft Beer Fest.
- Oct. 13 – Dogfish Head dinner at Chops & Hops – Chef Richard Miley will present four courses and five beers at Chops & Hops during a special Halloween event at 6:30p.m. (Event is already over booked after his earlier beer dinners were such a success) There will be a costume contest along with a Randallized DFH Punkin. Oh the opportunity! Chef Miley is also planning a pint night of double dry hopped Stone Ruination, aka enamel slayer, tentative for Oct. 29. Keep an eye on their Facebook page for more info.
- Oct. 15 – Decatur Craft Beer Fest – the event sold out in 51 minutes. Visit Decaturbeerfestival.org to see what we’re missing. No tickets sold at gate.
Posted on September 28, 2011, in Beer Events and tagged Athens, beer, Chops&Hops, craftbeer, DFH, Dogfish Head, Duck Rabbit, Jailhouse Brewing, Lazy Magnolia, Randall, Sweetwater, Terrapin, Wild Heaven. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.